The New JET 15” helical head planer quickly and quietly transforms rough lumber into smooth boards. This machine means business with a powerful 3 HP motor combined with a helical cutterhead housing 48 staggered carbide quick change knives. The innovative Precision Air Strut System (PASS™) provides consistent upward pressure on the cutterhead, reducing the chance of board snipe. The conveniently located two-speed gear box allows for quick and easy feed rate adjustments while removing up to 1/8-inch material with each pass for a smooth finish. A large Precision cast-iron table and infeed/outfeed tables make this planer a beautiful addition to the shop.
- Innovative JET – Precision Air Strut System (PASS™) provides consistent upward pressure on the cutterhead, reducing the chance of board snipe
- Helical Cutterhead houses 48 staggered carbide knives that are engineered to align themselves without any adjustment for a superior finish and quieter cut
- Heavy-duty precision ground cast iron table and four post design provides maximum control and support when passing boards through planer.
- Powerful 3-HP motor with v-belt transmission reduces vibration and running noise
- Dual infeed speed control for 16fpm or 20fpm, maximizes cut efficiency
- Maximum depth of cut 1/8″, 6″ cutting height and 15″ width capacity
- Large cast Iron precision ground infeed/outfeed tables provide support for large work pieces
- Large hand wheel with positive gear drive easily moves the head to the desired board thickness
- Magnetic Switch with green safety light illuminates when powered
- 4″ Dust Port hooks up to dust management system and helps keep shop clean
- Style (Type)Floorstanding Model
- Type of CutterheadHelical Head
- Cutterhead Speed (RPM)5,200
- Cutterhead Diameter (In.)2-5/8″ (68mm)
- Cuts Per MinuteContinuous
- Number of Knives48
- Maximum Depth of Cut (In.)1/8″
- Maximum Full Width Depth of Cut (In.)1/8″
- Maximum Planing Width (In.)15″
- Maximum Planing Thickness (In.)6″
- Minimum Planing Length (In.)5.6″
- Feed Rate (FPM)16 and 20
- Number of Speeds2
- Table Size (L x W) (In.)15 x 46.5 in.
- Table Size with Extensions (L x W) (In.)15 x 49.2 in.
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required (CFM)600 CFM
- Dust Port Outside Diameter (In.)4″ (102mm)
- Motor Power (HP)3
- Motor Phase (PH)1
- Motor Voltage (V.)230
- Motor Amps 15
CALL FOR PRICING (978) 667-1911